The Best of Notable Quotables; December 19, 1994
Table of Contents:
- The Best of Notable Quotables; December 19, 1994
- Sore Losers Award
- Honey, I shrunk the Democratic Party
- Oliver Stone
- I Still Hate Reagan
- Apolitical Observers
- Media Hero
- Flatliner Award
- Rodney Dangerfield
- Politics of Meaninglessness
- Clinton Enemies
- You're No Anita Hill
- No Money Down
- Good Morning Morons
- Damn Conservatives
- Iron Curtain Award
- Which Way Is It?
- Dumbest Quote of the Year
- 1994 Award Judges
Good Morning Morons Award
“You’re aligned to a party which owes many of its victories to the so-called religious right and other conservative extremists who are historically insensitive to minority concerns. That doesn’t bother you?”
– Today co-host Bryant Gumbel to black Republican U. S. Rep.-elect J.C. Watts, November 9.
“In the wake of the somewhat new hostilities bred in the Reagan ‘80s, how do you assess the state of race relations in this country today?”
– Gumbel to National Urban League
President Hugh Price, July 28.
“Let’s not debate his presidency, but his passing. As opposed to a man like Reagan, Nixon is, was highly regarded as a genuine statesman with a first-class mind.”
co-host Bryant Gumbel, April 26.
“What is it, do you think, government can do about this? If we declare that obesity is a disease, would that make any difference at all?”
– CBS This Morning co-host Paula
Zahn on a study marking one-third of Americans as obese, July 18.